Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Brazil

As many of you know I have always had a heart for missions.  Going into this semester I had the intentions to take less hours and graduate in May 2009, but 2 weeks into the school year things changed.  I was sitting in class and all of a sudden I thought to myself,  "What in the world am I doing, its silly to wait until May, I don't want to take another semester of classes!" Keep in mind this is after the add/drop week of classes.  God was looking out for me, as always, and blessed me with great advisors that were able to get me into the classes I needed to graduate in December.  Don't you just love it when it is so obvious that God has a hand in things :) Soon after I met with my mentor from church and the program Serve Abroad came up.  Before I knew it I was being offered the opportunity to spend 6 months in Brazil!  Serve Abroad usually takes a year to prepare for but being that my mentor, Traci, is in charge of missions we were able to work out the schedule so I could catch up.  Everything is falling into place! My partner is a girl that I've meet before and instantly hit it off with, I was so excited to hear that we were being paired up.  The church in Itu, Brazil, the missionary families I will be interning under, and the country fit me so well and all that I am passionate about! Now I just have to stay focused on making it through the end of school.  If you are interested in getting involved or supporting me please read the post "How you can help"

No comments: