Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Part II

Then immediately head to the meeting, which had already started. Realized I forgot toothpaste, ewww dirty teeth. Reached the church and meet everyone, so warm and friendly! The meetings all day were sooo great, Jerry and Gail are kind of like the mentors for these three missionary couples, all from Sao Paulo. A lot of the meetings are about teamwork and leadership qualities, everything I learned in college. You can imagine how excited I was, finally working with something I know. They told me to jump in if I wanted to, and Gail translated for me. One meeting was about the conflict they were having with each other and the 2 couples that were in charge of leadership of the church. (5 couples in all). It was neat hearing about struggles and really being able to see peoples true feelings and personalities.

The rest of the trip went fantastic! Junior and Patricia the couple letting my stay at their house were wonderful. They treated me like a little princess. One point I wasn’t sure what juice I wanted to Junior ordered me FOUR. By the end of the trip I was calling them Mom and Dad! They showed me the sites, I post most of my pictures on facebook but will try to get a few on here. This blog is a pain when it comes to uploading pictures! Brasilia is known for its architecture and it being a planned city. The city is in the shape of an airplane and is divided up into sections. All the government buildings in one area, all the apartments in another and so on. Also the apartments (just have apartments in the city) can not have balconies and all are off the ground. Cool huh? Each couple made lunch for my at their house, all amazing cooks. Those couples were such an encouragement and so uplifting to be around. I was able to hear their stories and about their life now and wow they are on fire for the Lord! They have been in training for 2 years and are so excited to get things going!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

What an amazing adventure you're having - warts and all! And look at your hair! It was long last time I saw you but wow! You look awesome and radiant and I know God is blessing you in ways you may not even realize for years to come! :) On another note, we are going to adopt! We've started the process to adopt a child (or two) from Ukraine and hope to travel this fall, but at least next Feb or so. Very excited - a little nervous at times, but totally psyched!